You might have looked at the title of this and thought that it is going to be a right negative Nelly post, but it isn’t, I promise. It’s more about self-awareness and realising that you are enough, always….. if you want to divulge into this further take a look at my “pursuit of happiness post” here https://ashleighhitter.co.uk/2017/02/22/the-pursuit-to-be-happy-and-healthy/ Remember we’re talking first word problems here, there are so many people in the world who are a lot worse off than you will ever be.
- Because You will never be the most beautiful, funniest, richest person in the world – so deal with it and work on learning to love yourself rather than comparing yourself to others. Yes, make sure you have goals but don’t beat yourself up about it, life’s too short.
- Because You will get your heartbroken – there will always be that one guy or gal who will shatter your heart into a million pieces and you will have to slowly rebuild your life, but I tell you what, it will make you a better person.
- Because At some point in your life you will have to adult – bills, washing, remembering (or not) when your MOT is due and all that awfully boring shit
- Because Friends will disappear from your life. Maybe sad at the time, but if people don’t want to stick around is that necessarily a bad thing? Unfortunately as you get older you often drift apart from people who you though would always be a part of your life. What if they were just there to teach you something or you were there to help each other at a certain moment in your life. Side note, I’m also a firm believer of quality and not quantity in the friends stakes!
- Because You will always have that one (or 10 in my case) friend who can eat whatever the bloody hell they want and stay sassy and slim. Although it may fill your whole body with envy or probably rage, thats life and more specifically that’s genetics. If it makes you feel any better, I put on 10lbs just by winking at a vanilla slice.
- Because There will always be mean people – whether its due to their own insecurities, how they’ve been brought up, jealousy or the fact they are just douches – the best thing you can do is rise above and remain the dignified sassy bitch your mother brought you into this world to be. Don’t stoop down to their level…. that’s never cool.
- Because You will lose people who are most precious to you in your life – words can never explain how hard that will be, but remember to live in the present and cherish every moment you have right here, right now.
- Because Sometimes you won’t get that job you went for, look hot as hell in that dress you bought for your birthday, or, get the guy, but in life you have to get knocked back to learn from it and use those experiences to make you a better, more resilient person. How much better will you feel in 6 months time when you get a better job, look even sassier than you thought possible in a dress and get all the guys (not advocating being a slut here gals, but each to their own.)
- Because unfortunately we’re not living as equals and discrimination is still rife regarding gender, race, sexuality, religion. What we can do though is continue what we are doing to bridge that gap, admit our new sexy little President over in the USA really isn’t helping with this, but we don’t need that muppet (or insert more appropriate expletive) and he won’t bring us down…. YAYYAYAY WOMEN UNITE!
- Because you have to go to work, but without the graft we don’t get the money and without the money, we don’t get to do £350 ASOS orders or book 3 holidays in a year.
- Just because it is
See, I told you it wasn’t going to be too negative! Remember my little cherubs, life is unfair, but someone is always, always worse off than you.