January 1st is national hangover day….. fitting huh? Whether your having a house party, going out for dinner and drinks or plain and simple hitting the beers hard things always seem to escalate on NYE (or is that just me) so I thought I’d give you some of my favourite things to do when I’m dying from a hangover.
We all know the easy tips to prevent the hangover in the first place, water between drinks, pint of water and paracetamol before bed, not drinking too much in the first place, blah blah blah, but let’s pretend we’ve already passed that stage and we are at full hangover stage and just want to make the next 24 hours of hangover time bearable!
1. Spend all day in bed or create a den in the lounge. Wear your comfiest loungewear/pjs/onesie and watch your favourite box set all day long. It goes without saying a snuggle buddy always helps in this situation.
2. Eat all the food – your body needs it! I’m talking full English breakfast, mid morning snacks, brunch, lunch, afternoon snacks, dinner then midnight feast. Obviously the more calorific the better, did I hear you say dominos?
3. Spend time with your friends and/or significant other. When I’m hungover I feel ever so sorry for myself and prefer nothing better than to be silly with my friends. Sometimes that day is funnier than the night before, because everyone is in that weird, delirious, hungover, tired state and that’s where dreams are made.
4. Go out for a nice walk…… I won’t be doing this but I have to admit sometimes when the mother drags me out of the house the fresh air really does do a good job of blowing the gin out of my system.
5. Now this really is a boring one, but get your fluids back in your system. Pints of water with ice and a straw is my bae, but then I’m weird, however orange juice and McDonald’s Diet Coke on a hangover are just the one.
6. Get social, give your thumb some exercise and scroll through insty, Facebook and twitter. Reading about everyone else’s hangover statuses will always make you feel better about your own life choices. Also, you can try and find some new bloggers and explore their blogs, it might give you some inspo for the new year!
Now enjoy your hangover you delightful people and make sure you comment below with anything you do when you have a hangover.
Photo courtesy of pexels.com – pretty snazzy huh?